This is just a mind spew. Being a Bills fan is torture.
It’s funny. A neighbor asked if my 6 month old son has any Bills gear yet. I jokingly told him that I didn’t want to put the poor kid through the torture. In reality, it wasn’t much of a joke. The truth is I hope he roots for dad’s team, but I’ll leave it entirely up to him. Well not quite entirely–he can’t pick the Jets (or Dolphins or Patriots).
Lets look at Dick Jauron’s career head coaching record:
Bears 1999: 6-10
Bears 2000: 5-11
Bears 2001: 13-3
Bears 2002: 4-12
Bears 2003: 7-9
Lions 2005: 1-4
Bills 2006: 7-9
Bills 2007: 7-9
Bills 2008: 6-7
Total: 55-72 (.433)
Jauron coached only one winning season, which he was bounced out of the playoffs the first game. I call it a fluke season.
The Bills this decade:
Total: 59-82 (.418)
Only one winning season this decade, where they sniffed the playoffs, but were beaten by the Stealers’ third teamers in a “win and in” game in 2004.
– The Bills have been “rebuilding” for 8 years.
– Why is it that the Dolphins can go from 1-15 to playoff contention in one year?
– While the Bills wallow in futility?
– NFL salary cap/parity evens the playing field, but clearly separates mismanaged teams from well run teams.
– Coaching is THAT much more important, so…
– Even the Cardinals got it together.
– How much longer for the Bills?
– Why are there teams that are always good?
– And teams that are always bad?
I tell you there will be a revolt if Jauron is kept. There were rumors earlier in the season that he was extended, but it was never confirmed. If he was, I hope there was a clause. Because he isn’t the answer. There never seems to be any gameplan. They are continually out-coached. There is no such thing as clock management.
I hope the next coach is not another retread or another unproven.